Jiyoung Kim (PhD) is a research professor at Center for Food and Bioconvergence, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea. She has completed her B.S. (2000) from Korea University, Seoul, Korea, Ph.D. (2004) from University of Georgia, GA, USA and post-doctoral study (2006) from University of Wisconsin-Madison, WI, USA. She has studied in multidisciplinary fields such as physiology, pharmacology, toxicology, neuroscience, and food science.
She pursues on precision nutrient physiology & pharmacology for the healthy life of human being. Her current research is mainly focused on AI diet architect/platform to design the predictor for personalized nutrition.
Another research is on sulforaphane to prevent neurological diseases and to predict its responders.
Facing the current global pandemic of COVID-19, she is working to fuse research and industry on personalized immune diet that can protect people from viral infections.
1) AI diet architect/platform to design the predictor for personalized nutrition.
2) Medicinal nutrient & food big data research for disease prevention and personalized nutrition.
3) Data-driven research on personalized immune agricultural products and foods.
4) Integration of big-databases of bioactive nutrients for personalized neurological disease prevention, which will be later used for machine learning and artificial intelligence.
5) Sulforaphane, a major component derived from cruciferous plants such as broccoli, to prevent neurological diseases including dementia and autism spectrum disorder (working to launch randomized controlled trial).
Metrics (Google Scholar)
H-index Citations 26
Personalized Food & Nutrition AI diet Subcommittee Chairperson under Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition
한국식품영양과학회 개인맞춤영양분과 위원장(https://www.kfn.or.kr/content/about/executives.php)
Korea Microbiome Consortium 위원
Advisory & Cooperation
식품의약품안전처 식생활영양정책과. 개인맞춤영양정책
개인맞춤형 건강기능식품 소분판매 기술기준안 개발. (산업기술평가원)
GS리테일. 개인 건강 데이터 기반 상품 추천 서비스 개발
(주)잇마플. 고부가가치(메디푸드) 식품과 개인의 생애주기, 건강(질병) 등에 맞춤형 식단(가정간편식)을 제공하기 위한 연구(산학협력협약 MOU)